Monday, June 7, 2010

Panama

So the invitation came this past Saturday (Panama), and I don't know where to begin......not just with this post, but also with my preparations.

So much to do.....So little time. However, I will say that I have a lot of support from co-workers, friends, and family, even if all three will be sad to see me go.

Today, it is finally starting to settle in. For 27 months, I will take myself away from everyone and everything I know. However, it will all be worth it, and it will hopefully bring me closer to understanding what it's all about.

As for now, mail off my passport, provide another copy of my resume, write an aspiration statement, and take advantage of every moment I have with those I love and care so much about. Oh yeah, and learn Spanish! (Why did I ever take German in high school?!?!?!)

1 comment:

  1. Im leaving to SA or CA in aug. Prob Panama, placement officer would not tell me but I am nominated for a community development project with a business focus. There are only 10 developmental people that are going. Hmmm so its either DR or Panama off of looking at the Wiki Peace Corps Timeline. Hopefully i get my invitation monday. When do you leave and where is your staging at?

    e-mail me verc0003@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete